Strategic Manager – Oak Tree Surgery & Pensilva, Liskeard
Location: Oak Tree Surgery, Clemo Road, Liskeard, PL14 3XA
Salary: £50k pro rata
Contact Name: R Symonds
Closing Date: 17th September 2018, Midday
30 + hours per week (we are looking at the right person, so work patterns will be discussed)
This recently merged Cornish Practice is moving into a new phase of business development and is looking for a senior strategic manager to support the partners in moving towards a sustainable future where patient care can be delivered effectively within the local community.
The East of Cornwall is proactive in considering new ways of delivering services, and this role is designed to focus specifically upon generating business opportunities whilst considering the best clinical pathways and access for patients.
The Practice also has a Practice Manager post to manage the day to day and operational elements of Practice Management and it is anticipated that the two roles will work hand in hand.
The practice has 16,000 patients and 70 employees.
The practice is an active training practice with innovative partnerships such as:
- Delivery Partner for eHealth Productivity and Innovation in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (EPIC) program
- Academic and Commercial clinical trial unit
- Founder member of Kernow Health East, a GP owned federation and provider vehicle, deep learning site for the Primary Care Home program
- Host / lead practice for East Cornwall Physiotherapy in Practice pilot and Liskeard community clinical ‘Centipede ‘ club
- Both sites host busy dispensaries and Pharmacy specialists
This exciting role requires someone with proven leadership ability, commercial acumen, an ability to embrace change and work collaboratively with other organisations to maximise the opportunities available whilst delivering the highest possible quality of healthcare to the local population.
Ideally educated to degree level the candidates do not need to have worked within healthcare, but must demonstrate an understanding of the challenges facing the sector and how they can best utilise the resources available in a commercially focused way. This is a new role and will evolve over the first 6 months.
Closing date for applications is 17th September at midday, via email.
Interviews will be held w/c 1st October 2018