EDS is an exciting and ever growing engineering and construction consultancy in Cornwall, providing support services to Architects, Planning Consultants and Developers.
We need a graduate who wants to learn and grow with us to deliver exceptional work to our expanding client base.
Does this next bit sound like you?
We are seeking an ambitious individual wanting to develop or enhance their career in our area of work, who has a good technical background and/or knowledge in a science or engineering field.
The ideal person would have a degree within or closely related to engineering, civil, structural and/or with an environmental slant. We would also consider Geography or Geology graduates with an interest in the fields of flood risk and civil engineering. If you are a recent graduate or have 2 or 3 years’ experience then we would be equally interested to talk to you.
We are prepared to train, develop, and support the right person in the role. Initially this person would work closely alongside all four of us in the business to develop their understanding of what we do, how we do it and who we do it for.
Could you do or are you interested in learning how to do the following?
- Site visits, including inspection and survey
- Production of technical drawing using AutoCAD software
- Hydraulic analysis of streams and rivers using HEC-RAS software
- Production of drainage calculations for both foul and surface water
- Compilation of reports and letters for clients
- Client liaison through the lifetime of a project
- Office support and administration
How is your profile stacking up?
- Degree in engineering, science, environmental, geography or other related discipline
- Friendly character with ability to develop relationships quickly with customers and colleagues
- A can-do attitude
- An excellent communicator both written and spoken
- A team player who never backs down from a challenge
- Able to work under pressure
- Full UK driving license (Due to site visits etc.)
- Eligible to work in the UK
EDS was started by myself, Jan Clark back in 2016. I have over twenty years’ experience within the industry, and decided two years’ ago to make the leap and set up my own consultancy. We are a small and friendly team, there are currently four of us working with clients such as Architects, Planning Consultants, Local Authorities, and Developers. Key areas we deal with are Flood Risk, Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS), Foul Water Drainage, and Highways Design.
Some examples of project work is the proposed new parcel delivery depot to serve Cornwall, comprising 119 space van parking, 120 space car park and 6000m square warehouse, our role to provide the surface water drainage design using sustainable drainage principles, to support the site construction team. Also a hydraulic model of Lanivet Stream, near Bodmin, to define flood plain extents on a proposed development plot. A further example being a new school at Tiverton, flood risk assessment, design of surface water and foul drainage system.
The business has grown substantially in the short time we have been operating, and as such we need another pair of keen hands to help deliver the projects we work on, and support our plan to do more and continue to grow.
Other Application Details
Please click apply to attach your CV and a cover letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for this role.
Applications must be submitted through the Unlocking Potential Jobs website