Senior Electrical & Lift Surveyor
Position Title: Senior Electrical & Lift Surveyor
Salary: Grade 8 £33,136 to £37,107 (Bar at £36,153) per annum
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 35 per week
Work Location: Poland Street, Ancoats, Ancoats and Clayton, Manchester, M4 6BH
DBS Check Required: Yes
Police Vetting Check Required: Yes
Are you interested in joining a highly professional team committed to continuous service improvement, that is results driven and quality focused?
Manchester’s Service for Independent Living (MSIL) is seeking to recruit a Senior Electrical & Lift Engineer to work within their technical team.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the effective operation of the mechanical and electrical team within the technical service at MSIL.
Manchester Service for Independent Living is extremely busy and deals with the assessment of applicants for provision of complex equipment and major adaptations, Moving and Handling risk assessments and the assessment for and provision of Blue Badges (parking concessions for disabled and blind people).
The provision of appropriate adaptations to disabled and older people can enhance independence, prevent falls and hospital admissions and reduce reliance on care services maximising customer independence to enable the customer to achieve maximum health and well-being. The aim is to offer a comprehensive, coordinated and streamlined service to our customers.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to provide a full range of mechanical and electrical surveying services, for the provision of electrical major adaptations in domestic properties, including managing the budget for the provision of domestic lifting equipment (stairlifts, through floor lifts, track hoists etc.), repair and maintenance budget for both commercial and domestic lifting equipment, including consultancy/income generation. The post will involve assisting with the development of a new framework / commissioning procurement and tendering for the supply of domestic lifting equipment.
For this post, we are seeking an individual who has:
- 17th Edition 2391 Electrical & Electronic Engineering or Building Services Engineering (HNC/HND) Higher National Certificate/Diploma or equivalent.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship or undergone some equivalent method of practical training within the Electrical and Mechanical/ Lift Industry
- Ability to provide a full range of Electrical and Mechanical Building Surveying services including Health and Safety on domestic lifting equipment (stairlifts, through floor lifts, track hoists etc.) and providing and checking schedule’s of Works;
- Ability to work with contractors are monitored effectively and deliver value under the Framework
- Ability to demonstrate strong team working skills including working in a multi-disciplinary team and liaison with relevant bodies;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to disability and domestic lifting equipment;
- Experience of the provision of electrical major adaptations such as stairlifts, through floor lifts, track hoists etc., and of visiting disabled and/or older people in their home;
- A good understanding of the aims of the service in relation to meeting the needs of older and disabled people living in Manchester;
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals ;
- A full driving licence and access to a car (for which essential car user is payable).
The post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (amended in 2013). Appointable candidates will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information provided by you or the DBS will be dealt with in a confidential manner and in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice. We have a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders and it is available upon request.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Apply online at our website.
Closing date: 21 September 2018 (midnight)