Teaching Assistant - Pre Prep Cover
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding individual with a calm and positive approach, who is able to provide classroom support to children age 4 to 7 years.
St Faiths school is looking for suitably experienced candidates who are willing to make a significant contribution to the life of our busy and successful school. You will need to have excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills.
- Level 3 or above qualification in Early Years (e.g. NVQ Teaching Assistant qualification, NNEB, CACHE Diploma in Childcare Studies) desirable
- Grade C English Language and Mathematics GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of delivering learning activities with children age 4 to 7
- Understanding of the EYFS and/or KS1 curriculum
- Sound understanding of behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate effectively, take initiative and solve problems.
- Excellent ICT skills
Teaching Assistant duties
- Covering teaching staff and providing administrative support
- Supervise children during outdoor play sessions and lunchtime
- Work with individuals or small groups on teacher directed activities
- Take sole charge of a class in the case of teacher absence
- Attend school INSET programmes and staff meetings as required
About St Faith’s School
We are the largest Preparatory School in Cambridge, located in nine acres of grounds, less than a mile from the city centre. Facilities are extensive, class sizes are small, and the staff team are very supportive. The school has a justifiable reputation for excellent education and outstanding care and support provided to pupils and staff.
Application deadline: 10.00am, 24 September, 2018.
Interviews: 5 October, 2018.
St Faith’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS check and references will be required.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply below.