Senior Structural Engineer
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Witney OX28 3AB
Senior Structural Engineer
A recently formed and rapidly growing structural engineering practice is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join their dynamic team based in Witney.
Your duties as a Senior Structural Engineer will include the following:
- Leading structural design elements on projects as required; undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings.
- Represent SWJ Consulting at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensuring appropriate service/design decisions are met.
- Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
- Attending site visits • Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD/Revit in a Civil/Structural or related field and high level of IT proficiency.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural engineering projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Strong and relevant project experience
- Chartered or Near Chartered engineer – ICE, IStructE most likely
- Strong academic, engineering degree qualified (or equivalent). Additional qualifications such as MSc or MEng are welcomed but not essential.
- A desire to get involved in highly technical problem solving
- Knowledge of tools such as Sofistik, TEDDS, TSD or similar is beneficial
- Ability to sense check calculations and challenge solutions Experience of working with a range of structures e.g. bridges, buildings, highways, railways and materials e.g. concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Proven project management including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Capable of operating as technical lead as well as a team member; also in a team and on your own
- Used to representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders and contractors
- Experience of site investigations and supervision including desk study reports
- Be innovative and looking to use and further develop your technical delivery skills
- Good team management skills and on-the-job training of junior engineers
- Experience and understanding of quality, environmental and safety project requirements
- Proficient in use of MS office
About the Company
"SWJ is a forward thinking structural engineering practice with considerable expertise in the design of housing and building structures. At the heart of our philosophy is collaboration; using the latest BIM technology to integrate information and expertise from all parties concerned providing plans that can predict, and therefore avoid, build issues. Our services are most effective when clients consult SWJ Consulting at the very start of a project, this has proven benefits of efficient and successful project management using comprehensive and collaborative plans to provide the best quality information we can for our clients."
How to Apply
In addition to your CV please submit a cover letter that explains why you are currently looking for a new role and your relevant technical skills as well as your current salary package and availability.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.