£50,000 to £55,000 + Car + Benefits
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
My client is a manufacturing business with an added value turnover of £5m and employs almost 40 people. They are part of a private family owned overseas group with a turnover in excess of £75m, who have invested heavily over the past four years in the Wakefield business’s manufacturing capability.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be an integral part of a Senior Management Team of three people who manage the business on a day to day basis.
This is a very hands on role with a wide range of responsibilities, managing a small team with administrative and financial duties. Your specific responsibilities will include:-
- Full responsibility and control of the finance function.
- Company secretarial matters, ensuring all legal obligations are met.
- Providing key management information, analysis and advice to the senior management team.
- Managing the supplier relationship which includes the buying of raw materials (which have a high value and give the company a significantly larger statutory turnover than the figure mentioned above) and the buying of engineering spares and repairs for the operational plant and equipment.
- Managing the use of forward exchange contracts (the business exports a high percentage of its products to Europe priced in Euros and buys raw materials priced in US dollars).
- Responsibility for IT (outsourced), HR (outsourced), payroll (outsourced), insurances (including credit insurance) and finished goods distribution.
- Playing an integral part in strategic and operational planning and decision-making.
- Ongoing development of systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) and financial controls in line with business needs.
- Driving innovation and commercial initiatives from idea to successful implementation.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant or possibly in the final stages of obtaining a qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA). With experience of manufacturing and stock control, as well as strong Excel skills. You must have excellent communication skills and command instant credibility with non-finance staff, customers and suppliers, including professional advisors.
If you are interested in being considered for this role then please email your details to Jeff Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you may call him on 01484 861478 to discuss the role further.