Bath Recreation Limited is responsible for providing sports and recreation facilities in or near Bath including the Bath Recreation Ground in the centre of the World Heritage City. The Rec is home to Bath Rugby, the Sports Centre and provides sports pitches and facilities for a wide variety of amateur sports. The Rec is also used for cultural recreation hosting music and other community events. The organisation is a charitable, not for profit company and manages Glasshouse Playing Fields.
The ideal candidate will have an innate passion for sports and events with strong relationship building and administrative skills. The role will be extremely varied and will suit an individual who is versatile and has the ability to work independently within a small team setting.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
The key role is to support the Grounds Manager to co-ordinate all bookings and events and to be the primary point of contact for user groups.
- Administration of bookings calendar
- Liaison with all user groups
- Administration of terms and conditions of hire
- Administration of ancillary buildings and parking facilities
- Liaison with Office Manager in respect of hire charges and invoicing
Events – assisting Grounds Manager with:
- Overseeing Bath Rugby match day operations
- Liaison with event organisers such as Bath Half Marathon, Bike Bath, Bath Festivals etc.
- Supporting the Grounds Manager with event planning and delivery
Additional administrative responsibilities:
- Health and Safety coordination and administration
- Administration of compliance requirements
- Assisting Grounds Manager with operational plan, budget, work and maintenance schedules
The criteria below indicate the qualities that are needed to do the job well. Candidates will be selected according to the extent to which they satisfy these criteria.
- Evidence of achievement/knowledge of bookings and event management
- IT literate (MS Office)
- Degree in Events Management or Sports Development (desirable)
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively with people on all levels and from a variety of organisations (professional sports to small charities)
- Ability to communicate and report on work activities and actions
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to meet objectives on own initiative
- Committed to continuous self-development
- An ability and willingness to work as part of a team and to make an effective contribution
- Understanding the dynamics of team work when this incorporates other organisations and individuals that need to be influenced/supported in achieving the team goals
- Excellent personal organisation skills
- Able to prioritise/meet deadlines as and when required
Response to change
- Flexible approach to working hours and the needs of the user groups (essential)
- A willingness to keeps abreast of developments and make a significant contribution to the planning and implementation of change
- A willingness to work towards a wide range of agenda