Highclare School has an exciting opportunity for an ICT technician to join our support staff team. In this role you’ll be supporting the school’s ICT network and providing technical support to staff and pupils.
Hours: Full time hours during term time (8.30am-4.30pm) and part time during school holidays (1pm-4pm).
ICT Technician person specification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience of ICT and computing, both software and hardware.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Five GCSEs or equivalent
- Desirable: Advanced knowledge of MS Windows, Windows 10, Active Directory and MS exchange. Knowledge of network switching, routers, DSL, firewalls and associated principles.
ICT Technician duties
- Ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day
- Check hardware regularly and report faults
- Perform regular ‘back-up’ operations of the school’s file servers
- Maintain the school’s hardware database, network printers and video editing facilities
- Assist staff with solving problems and liaise with the ICT manager or external agencies.
About Highclare School
An independent day school with four different sites around Sutton Coldfield and North Birmingham, Highclare School is dedicated to helping pupils reach their academic potential. We are extremely proud of our friendly, welcoming environment, and fully support all of our pupils and staff.
Closing date: Midday, 27 September.
Interviews: Week commencing 8 October.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. Highclare School is an equal opportunities employer.