Do something life-changing.
Give children and young people the care and support that they need to flourish.
Children's Charity, Action for Children is looking for new foster carers to join their friendly and welcoming team across the South West.
As a foster carer you will provide a secure, stable, and caring home for a child or young person to develop and thrive. You will become part of a community of passionate foster carers that really make a difference to children's lives.
You must be always willing to learn and understanding of children’s behaviour, which may have come from traumatic backgrounds.
Fostering is a very rewarding career with 100% of our current Foster Carers saying that they’re satisfied in their role, and 85% more satisfied in their job than before.
As one of our Foster Carers you will receive:
- 24/7 support
- Competitive fees and allowances
- Careful matching and breaks when needed
- Extensive guidance and training – including a thorough course before you start
Who can be a Foster Carer?
- Experience of supporting children/young people
- A spare bedroom that can fit a bed, chest of drawers and a wardrobe
- Aged over 21 years old (some areas have a 25 years age minimum)
- Has time to look after a child
- Is in good health with a good level of energy
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, no matter your gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or whether you live in rented housing.
The most important thing is that you can provide a safe and supportive environment for children.