Senior Spa Host / Receptionist
Bedruthan Spa is developing and we’re now keen to expand our senior team to continue our journey in wellbeing in Cornwall.
The spa is developing a specialised team to deliver our own style of therapies and wellbeing experiences. To do this, we’re looking for people to be guest-facing, creative and innovative, simply put, fabulous, and someone with a deep-rooted interest in wellbeing and sustainability.
We’re seeking a Senior Spa Host; a positive and passionate professional who can lead the host team by motivating, supporting and leading by example in their hosting role, especially in offering 5* guest service and operational efficiency.
You will be motivated, with the support of the Spa and Wellness Manager, Deputy Spa Manager and Spa Therapies Supervisor, in providing a wonderful, memorable experience for our guests.
We are looking for someone who is already self-motivated and willing to be a bridge for communication between managers and team and be responsive to both guest, team and management feedback.
The right person will be consistent, determined, empathetic, and solution focused, with a keen eye for detail.
With management support you will make your mark in developing our host team’s skills and interests as well as supporting smooth day-to-day running of the spa. There is opportunity to provide input in projects around marketing, finance and innovation.
We are looking for someone who is keen to progress to supervisory level.
You will need to have:
- an understanding of a spa guest journey and how to create a seamless experience
- a keen eye for improvement opportunities and innovative potential
- ability to present, teach and coach
- excellent communication skills and a responsive attitude to customer and team feedback
- a passion for caring about the environment
- strong standard of computer literacy, numeracy, spoken and written English
- ability to swim (as you will receive life-saver training)
- £8.75 per hour
- Permanent contract 40 hours per week
- A variety of working hours including weekends and evenings scheduled 4 weeks out to help plan your life activities – whether you plan to stay or travel!
- 10% uncapped commission on retail sales
- Hotel tips
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Innovative and interesting paid training within a development programme for management and supervisors
- Learning opportunities and career progression possibilities
- Free meals while on duty
- Substantial discounts on spa services and products
- Free/minimal charge to use facilities in the hotel
- Healthcare scheme
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV and answer the qualifying questions. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Monday 17th September
Shortlisted applicants will need to attend a Selection Day on Tuesday 18th September
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.