Home-Based (London Paddington once per week)
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Technical Editor. This is a contract role running through June 2019, initially.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Our company is seeking a smart self-starter with excellent editorial skills and judgement to fill the role of Technical Editor. Experience understanding search intents, and a high awareness of current events and popular culture on the Web is required.
The successful candidate will be familiar with search. He/she will be capable of analysing, and storytelling from raw search data to drive content programming.
You must be able to handle large volumes of search data to identify search trends, to inform editorial content, and work well under regular deadline pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
As a member of our team, you will perform a variety of editorial functions including: data analytics, writing, editing, planning an editorial calendar, and working with various internal partner teams globally.
A typical day in this role can include:
- Analysing and understanding large volumes of search data.
- Use search trends to identify content programming opportunities.
- Work with content partners to improve content quality and audience metrics.
- Contribute to editorial planning and calendaring.
- Contribute to a variety of editorial special projects that require writing, editing, and researching.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experience in analysing data, creating or editing online content for consumers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of online editorial best practices and priorities, as well as excellent writing and editing skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience
- Bachelor's degree, with minimum
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and familiarise yourself with new topics quickly.
- A sense of humour.
- Well-versed in current Web trends and concepts.
- Proactive, organised, easily able to multitask and comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, with great follow-through.
- Committed to consistently delivering quality work.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment or, as needs dictate, in an independent, autonomous role.
- Strong understanding of British culture
Deadline for CV submission: Friday 7th September @ 10AM