Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire (with occasional travel)
Are you a Purchasing Assistant with experience of sourcing new suppliers? Want to take your next step with a forward-thinking company going through an exciting period of change? If so, read on.
Established in 1978, our client is an innovative designer and manufacturer of retail display products. Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their dedicated team in Bishop’s Stortford.
- Salary of up to £25,000 DOE
- Monthly bonus of £150 (after three months of employment)
- Free parking
- Career progression opportunities
- Open plan office
- 22 days’ holiday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client as they make positive changes throughout their business and refine their product range. You will have the chance to really make your role your own and take on more responsibility as you become more confident in your role.
Once you join the business, you’ll discover a friendly and professional work environment where employees share ideas and work together to deliver a high-quality service.
You will have the opportunity to build on your existing skill-set and play an important role in the day-to-day running of the business.
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will support our client’s purchasing process.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will:
- Develop and source new products through online research, industry media and exhibitions
- Negotiate prices and terms of business with suppliers in the UK and abroad
- Help to set unit selling prices and discounts
- Carry out competitor analysis
- Identify ways to improve the sales of product lines
- Occasionally travel to visit suppliers
To be considered as a Purchasing Assistant, you’ll need:
- Experience of sourcing new suppliers
- Previous experience of using MS Excel to an advanced level
- The ability to negotiate and source products from new and pre-existing suppliers
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload and work autonomously and collaboratively
Ideally, you’ll have experience of using SAP Business One or a similar CRM system, but this isn’t essential. It would also be beneficial if you had access to your own transport.
Our client is eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Purchasing Co-ordinator, Buying Assistant, Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Co-ordinator or Purchasing & Procurement Assistant.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re an enthusiastic and proactive Purchasing Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.