Infrastructure Engineer £30,000
Brook Street are proud to be working with one of the leading IT Solutions and Services providers in the world. Our Client, who are based in Peterborough are looking to for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Southampton to help provide a professional and expert service to their privet clients.
Our Client have an international presence in both private and public sector IT, and through our global supply chain provide products and services in over 150 countries.
- Responsible for 2nd line support of day-to-day operations of the I. Infrastructure
- To administer and support desktop applications, hardware and printers, PC builds, OS repairs, system restores etc.
- To resolve support issues in an efficient and proactive manner. Schedule follow up calls and installation bookings and see them through to completion.
- To ensure that procedures and configuration records are accurate and up-to-date.
- To ensure scheduled maintenance tasks are completed
- To learn and build on existing experience
- The company have vessels and offices globally and the LSA may be required on occasion to travel in order to support these remote sites I. infrastructure, hardware and telecommunications systems
- Working to predefined SLA's and effectively prioritising work
- To provide hardware, software and infrastructure support to partner companies
- To manage projects within specified guidelines
- To ensure daily data backups are kept and maintained. To restore data from backups as required.
- Research, identify and test innovative I. solutions that can improve the business
- To manage local user accounts, software assignment and installation and manage local security protocols
- To ensure servers properly setup, maintained and patched.
- Install and administer networking devices such as Cisco switches and access points.
- Will be required to help with out of hours calls support
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft desktop application products with experience troubleshooting Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010 & 365
- High level of self-motivation, flexibility to adapt to a changing working environment and have good customer facing and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- MCSE or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, DNS, Cisco wireless access points & Cisco routers and switches
- Experience of file, print & application server installation and configuration
- Understanding of Virtual machine technologies esp. Hyper-V
- Proven experience of Microsoft Active Directory, understanding of core file and folder security principles including NTFS and file share permissions
- Experience of PBX telephone system administration
- Understanding and experience troubleshooting and repairing computer and printer hardware
- To manage and coach the junior technicians within the infrastructure team
- Understanding of server backup practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint administration
- Able to lift and carry computer equipment
- CompTIA A+
- Dell / HP accreditation
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and be able to work 40 hours per week, which will be comprised of 8 hour shifts between 8:30am - 5:30pm, however may occasionally be required to help with out of hours calls support (this would come with additional compensation per call basis)
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive Salary of £30,000 per year. In addition you will receive 25 days + 8 days' holiday, after 6 months' probation your pension scheme kicks in as well as other great Benefits.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: /account/registration. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.