Finance Assistant / Accounts Administrator
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £16,000 - £20,000 Dependant on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a Manchester based UK top 200 Law firm that specialises in Personal Injury including; public liability, occupier's liability, employer's liability and road traffic accidents.
Working with them is not just a job, it's a career. The work they do improves people's lives, and this is what will inevitably give you immense job satisfaction. If you would like to go home in the evening, proud of the work you have done, then this is the place for you.
Due to growth, they are looking for an assistant to join our well-established finance team.
You will be working on your own initiative as well as acting as part of a wider team: assisting where possible on all Finance Dept issues, like preparation of BACS and cheque payments, invoice processing, account reconciliations and banking lodgements; ensuring filing is kept up to date daily and any other ad-hoc duties. As required by the department head.
What will you be doing:
- Set up of new supplier accounts on Sage
- Daily import of purchase and sales invoices
- Daily reconciliation of sales and purchase ledgers after imports
- Posting of ad hoc sales and purchase credit notes
- Input and allocation of bulk receipts
- Allocation of customer receipts to outstanding invoices
- Investigation into customer refunds, unallocated and unreconciled transactions
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Control and balancing of Sage purchase and sales ledgers
- Initiation of payments to third party agencies
- Deputising for other Financial Assistant as necessary, including preparation of volume payments, performing bank reconciliations and taking cheques to the bank
- Assisting with preparation for annual accounts
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Other duties as may be required by the firm
Salary and Holidays:
- £16000 - £20000 DOE; 8 - 5 Monday to Friday
- 20 days per year. Closed between Christmas Day and New Year.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Accounts Assistant, Assistant Management Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Bookkeeper, Credit Controller, Finance Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, Financial Administrator, Accounts Admin, Finance Support, Credit Control, Junior Accountant, Cash Flow Reporting, Sales Ledger may be considered for this role.