Assistant Manager, Walkington, in this full time role working in a village pub, restaurant and hotel that hosts a number of events including weddings, banquets and private dinners, you will be a key member of the management team, building the business through delivering exceptional customer service.
In this key role you will be assisting the managers in delivering a high level of customer service through maintaining a professional and efficient business both front & back of house and deputising for the Manager in their absence.
Assistant Manager duties will include:
- Support the Manager in delivering business aims and objectives.
- Ensure that the business complies with legislative compliance issues, such as health & safety, food hygiene etc.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of the team.
- Handle customer enquiries and demonstrate positive problem solving.
- Maintain a focus on social media and contribute to promoting the business
- Prepare the business for trade to the required standard.
- Complete the closedown of the business with due regard for security and safety.
- Accurately complete stock / order procedures / receipt of deliveries.
- Maintain the security of all stock, cash and customer belongings while on the premises.
- Assist in the management of financial targets and budgets to maximise profitability.
- Maintain the social media content and contribute to promoting the business
- Attend business reviews, training, appraisals and team meetings as required by the Manager.
- Perform supporting tasks as required by the Manager.
Assistant Manager skills:
- Ability to motivate and encourage the team, through leading by example
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Confident and courteous with a great communication style
- High standards of personal presentation
- Hardworking, committed and willing to develop business, team and self
- Flexible in the approach to the business needs, including tasks, hours and responsibilities.
Assistant Manager qualifications requirements
- Good Literacy/Numeracy skills
- Computer Literate
- Ideally you will have a current Personal Licence Holder and a Food Hygiene level 2
Give us a call to find out more and have an informal chat about the role, our number is 07791291840 and ask for Andrew or Drew the General Managers
Or alternatively apply online with your current cv.
This role will require you to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, weekends and evenings on a rota basis and is offered on a live out basis only.
You may have experience of working in a bar, restaurant, hotel as a supervisor, team leader, deputy manager or assistant manager and live within Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Hull, Beverley, York or surrounding area’s