QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER (QAM)
JOB PROFILE QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER (QAM)
Verilife is an Independent Domiciliary Care Provider. It currently provides thousands of hours’ worth of care on a weekly basis to several local authorities and private clients in Central London, Bromley, and Croydon.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Manager to join this rapidly expanding Homecare provider. Working closely with the Directors and operational staff, the QAM will provide key support to the company's operational activity. You will also liaise with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and local authorities as required and:
(A) Be responsible for reviewing and improving our existing Quality Management System (including policies and procedures), having regard to the CQC’s standards. You will then monitor the improved systems against agreed targets.
(B) Have overall responsibility for the handling of complaints and investigations, whether made by clients, their next of kin, social services or the CQC.
(C) Will ensure that suitable file audit procedures are in place and are adhered to, thereby making our filing and record systems fit for purpose with regard to CQC and/or local authority inspections. Particular focus will be placed on the regularity of appraisals and training of staff.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of quality systems within domiciliary care; Previous quality assurance role within the Health and Social Care industry Essential.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
To provide expert advice to Directors, management and operational staff on Quality Assurance Systems and activities.
2. To be responsible for scrutinising and monitoring our operational activity, with a view to ensuring compliance with, and exceeding of, the standards required by current legislation, regulation, guidance and practice standards.
3. To provide a proactive approach to quality assurance activities within the Quality Assurance Systems to ensure that quality of work across all of our domiciliary care provision is improved.
4. To make an active contribution to embed audit and evaluation into services and support a learning and continual development organisational culture.
5. To report regularly to Directors at quality assurance meetings.
6. To be responsible for monitoring outcomes against inspection criteria and ensuring that information is feedback to improve service delivery to meet timescales.
7. To provide ongoing casework audit and feedback regarding audit outcomes and tracking corrective action.
8. To be responsible for the ongoing development of systems for a range of audit activities to inform practice improvements and service developments and to ensure they continue to meet statutory and regulatory requirements.
9. To develop questionnaires and undertake surveys or focus groups to obtain feedback from clients and Careworkers, in order to inform service improvements.
10. To work closely with the operational team to ensure data is collated from a range of sources effectively to improve quality and performance of provision.
11. To keep up to date with research and changes in relevant legislation, guidance, regulation or practice standards to inform best practice and best use of resources
12. To conduct investigations following the receipt of complaints, including acting as the main liaison point for complainants, inviting the staff concerned to investigatory or disciplinary meetings, and producing investigatory and/or disciplinary reports at the conclusion of the enquiries.
13. To represent the company at hearings conducted by the CQC and/or local authorities with regard to alleged misconduct and breaches of the CQC standards and other relevant legislation and regulations.
14. To ensure that suitable file audit procedures are in place and are adhered to, thereby making our filing and record systems fit for purpose with regard to CQC and/or local authority inspections.
Fluent English (both written and spoken).
Exceptional report writing skills.
Intermediate level or above Microsoft Office skills.
Great communication and interpersonal skills
Team player and a joy to work with
Good attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to multi-task
Good organisational skills.
Ability to work to deadlines & take direction
Ability to prioritise workload effectively
Flexibility and adaptability.
Candidate must be of Degree Level.
5 yrs Coordinating Experience.
Must be prepared to do NVQ Level 5.
On Call every 4 Weeks and to be a key holder in the event of out of hours emergency so therefore must live locally.
May also have to do Care calls so driver with business insurance essential. We work constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
Please note that applicants if shortlisted may be required to complete a psychometric evaluation.
Applications: Along with their CV, applicants should submit a covering letter, which describes how their skills and experience are suited to the position. An indication of the applicant’s current remuneration should also be included.
Hours 8.30 am - 6 pm: £30.000 -£35,000 per annum
THE COMPANY: Verilife is an Independent Domiciliary Care Provider. It currently provides thousands of hours’ worth of care on a weekly basis to several local authorities and private clients in Central London, Bromley, and Croydon
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date for Advert: 4 September 2018
End Date for Advert: 3 October 2018
Job applications for this position will not be accepted after 2 October 2018
T 0203 141 9298
F 0800 098 8129
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year