Yard Assistant £18,000
Brook Street are proud to be working with the UK's Leading material provider. Our client are currently recruiting for a Yard Assistant to join the well run team in Bishop's Waltham. The Company have been open for over 175 year and have 13 branches in the south coast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving Customers in the Yard, both Manually and with a Forklift
- Loading / Unloading Lorries
- Receiving and Storing Products from Suppliers and Dealing with Associated Paperwork
- Housekeeping in the Yard
- Counterbalance Forklift Licence (Essential)
- Combi Truck Forklift Licence (Preferable)
- Knowledge of Building Materials, Especially Timber would be an Advantage, but Training can be provided.
- Friendly & Professional Manner
- Good Communication Skills
- High Standards of Customer Service
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and be able to work 40 hours per week, which will be comprised of 8 hour shifts between 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday, Plus Saturday Mornings on a rota. Candidates must be flexible for start/ finish time to cover branch opening hours.
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive Salary of £18,000 per year. In addition you will receive 22 days holiday, +8 Bank Holidays. Other great benefits are also in the employment package.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: /account/registration. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.