Fire Safety Warden
5 days left
- Full Time
2 Month Temporary Contract (with possibly of extension), 37.5 hours per week (09:00 – 21:00, 4 day rotation 21:00 – 09:00)
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester. We are a “profit-for-purpose” organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice. We also have Gold status IIP accreditation.
We are currently looking to recruit Fire Safety Wardens to patrol five of our high rise tower blocks throughout the day and night to ensure the safety of our customers whilst we conduct fire risk works to the buildings.
- Conduct regular walk arounds of the building, (internal and external) being watchful for any indications of fire breaking out
- Maintain accurate records following walk arounds and reporting any repairs to the appropriate team
- Ensure accurate records are kept and adhered to with regards to vulnerable customers and the appropriate precautions are taken in the event of a fire
- Notify the fire service and customers in the event of a fire and take measures to evacuate the building if necessary, adhering to the fire evacuation procedure
- Support colleagues in surrounding tower blocks
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to make decisions whilst under pressure
- Be available to work at short notice
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email