- Accountable to the Deputy Headmistres
- Responsible for providing high quality support to all levels of the school
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assisting in the classroom (eg hearing reading)
- Supporting PE/games lessons and matches
- Assistance with other duties as required
- Accompanying school outings and trips
- Assisting with After School Care when necessary
- Assisting with display work
- General office/administrative help
- An opportunity to gain work experience where high standards are expected in everything we do
- An insight into the teaching profession
- An opportunity to use personal qualities and skills
- A year of varied experiences which are viewed favourably by future employers/college admissions
- High quality and supportive working environment
- Lunch and all refreshments
- A caring and sympathetic person who will enjoy working with children aged between three and eleven
- A committed, charismatic, reliable role model.
- A sense of humour, adaptability and a real love of being with children is paramount.
General responsibilities for all adults at The Granville
- Pastoral care is a strong feature of Granville life, and all staff are expected to contribute to this area by creating a warm, caring environment in which children can grow socially, emotionally and mentally.
- To develop, easy and professional relationships.
- To undertake supervisory duties when required.
- To attend staff meetings and School INSET.
- To comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- To play a full part in the life of the School.
- To avoid overfamiliarity with pupils.
- Gap Students will have a mentor who will organise induction and be available at all times to deal with any concerns or problems. Regular reviews will take place during the year in order to make this year as useful and productive as possible for both school and student.
- It is vital that our gap students dress smartly and appropriately. An example to others must be set at all times - to children and parents you will be seen as a teacher.
Working hours and Salary
The working hours will be 8.30am until 4.30pm.
Occasional weekend/evening help for matches and occasions such as School plays/Sports Day/Speech Day
The salary will be according to experience.
The successful appointee will also be entitled to the following;
- Free school meals
- Use of corporate games clothing for games coaching
This post offers an exciting opportunity to work in a well-established, developing and ambitious school. At a time when interest in the School, and demand for places is considerable, the future is very exciting.
Safeguarding and Child Protection
The successful candidate will be expected to commit to the following;
The post holder's responsibility for promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children and young persons' for whom/she/he is responsible, or with whom she/he comes into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school's Safeguarding Policy at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety of welfare of children in the school she/he must report any concerns to the Headmistress (the school's Designated Safeguarding Lead).
The successful candidate will be required to provide an enhanced DBS Disclosure and sign a self-declaration form. In seeking references on short-listed candidates the school may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview. Any relevant issues arising from references will be taken up at interview.
Please email CV to apply.
Apply for GAP STUDENT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly