A fantastic opportunity to work with English Heritage at Dartmouth Castle.
We are seeking a driven and organised Site Manager to oversee the team at Dartmouth Castle and a cluster of surrounding historic sites. You’ll need to enjoy working with members of the public, managing a team and creating a fabulous visitor experience, while also hitting sales targets.
- Proven experience delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of successful staff supervision, development and/or duty manager responsibilities
- Ability to achieve sales and promotion targets
- General awareness of health and safety and security issues
- Experience working in sales, retail, catering or events/hospitality would be advantageous.
- Desirable: Risk Assessment training, First Aid certificate, general knowledge of other local amenities, full driving licence.
Site Manager duties
- Achieving all site performance targets, through target setting, training and coaching your team in active selling.
- Line-manage and guide the Site Managers at your cluster sites, working collaboratively
- Ensuring the site and its assets are safe and secure.
- Set up and manage site volunteers
- Undertake annual pre-season planning including recruitment, training, deep cleaning, ordering of new signage etc as required.
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times. Take on licensee duties for site alcohol sales as required.
About English Heritage
English Heritage is a charity which looks after 400 historic monuments, buildings and sites, bringing their story to life for over 10 million visitors each year. We have a great team environment, and support all our employees to share ideas, inspire others and make a difference.
This Site Manager role will be based at Dartmouth Castle, one of the most scenic parts of Devon.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your management career, please apply below.