Do you have what it takes to prepare high-quality materials for some of the world’s finest suits? Want to embark on a rewarding career as a Production Operative?
If so, this is an amazing opportunity to significantly increase your skill-set with a rapidly-growing business that invests in their people.
With roots dating back to 1827, Harrisons is a proud purveyor of high-quality cloth, serving the world’s leading tailoring companies and clothiers.
Having built a reputation for only delivering the finest materials, our brands include Lear Browne & Dunsford, Porter & Harding, W Bill, H Lesser & Sons and Smith Woollens.
Now, we’re looking for a Production Operative to join our team in Exeter and support our continued success.
- Salary of £17,000 - £18,000 DOE
- Excellent training and learning opportunities
- The chance to progress your career as the company grows
- Join an established, family-focused business with a low turnover rate
- Staff socials, including our Christmas party
Once you join the business, you’ll discover a welcoming environment where you’ll have plenty of opportunities to increase your abilities and achieve your professional goals.
You’ll be supported to become an expert in your department and will play a key part in the creation of bespoke tailored products that turn heads across the globe.
As a Production Operative, you will produce sample booklets that highlight the quality of our products.
Joining the Patterns Department, you will select, cut and prepare cloths to the highest standards. Our booklets are used at high-end tailors to create truly unique suits, so a great eye for detail and commitment to quality are key.
Specifically, you will:
- Cut cloth lengths in our warehouse
- Use power and hand tools in a safe manner
- Carry out quality checks
- Respond to customers’ queries by phone and email
- Move cloth around the warehouse and into the production area
- Deputise for the Patterns Supervisor on their absence
- Accurately update the computerised stock system
This role will involve carrying cloth rolls of up to 25kg.
To join us as a Production Operative, you’ll need:
- Previous manual handling experience, ideally gained within a warehouse environment
- The willingness to learn
- A great eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
- A positive attitude
Other companies may call this role Manufacturing Operative, Production Technician, Manufacturing Technician, Production Assistant, Manufacturing Assistant, Warehouse Operative or Warehouse Technician.
Webrecruit and Harrisons are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to develop an exciting career as a Production Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.