We are looking for an experienced secretary to work in the Main Office at The King’s School in Macclesfield. In this role you’ll be pivotal to ensuring the smooth running of King’s; acting as an initial point of contact and assisting with organisational and administrative tasks.
This is a full time, temporary role for 9-12 months maternity leave cover. Working hours will be 37.5 per week, between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm. The School Secretary will also be required to work reasonable additional hours as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational and communication skills
- An enthusiastic and supportive attitude; able to build rapport with pupils, parents and staff
- Experience of Microsoft packages.
School Secretary duties
- Reception duties: answering the phone, welcoming visitors, and other administrative tasks.
- To monitor the pupil registration process, staff absences and collate figures termly for the DfE and other returns.
- Assist with the organisation of key school events, examinations, welcome evenings.
- Work across any of the school’s four Divisions, and fill in for colleagues, as appropriate.
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Staff social events
About The King’s School
Founded in 1502, King’s has two teaching sights in Macclesfield that offer a rich and varied curriculum and array of extra-curricular opportunities, within a warm and friendly environment. We are proud to support all of our staff and ensure that they all feel part of the King’s community.
King's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.