NANNY - SPECIAL NEEDS
LIVE IN SPECIAL NEEDS NANNY / CARER IMMEDIATE START
We are looking for a energetic fun loving qualified special needs nanny / carer to support a young boy with complex needs together with his siblings at the family home.
The role will involve:
- Implementing all aspects of the child’s support plan
- Supporting with play and learning activities
- Being proactive, making the daily tasks fun and promoting independence for the children
- Working in the family home to support the parents/family
- Have a good working knowledge of peg feeding and medication management
- Helping around the home, including tidying, cleaning, vacuuming, dusting and laundry
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Running errands and school runs
There will be a flexible rota, working 7 days on, 7 days off with 2 hours off each day. You will have your own room/annexe/kitchen with separate bathroom.
Qualifications / Desirable Experience:
- QCF/NVQ 2/3 or equivalent
- nanny qualification
- Peg feeding experience/knowledge and Medication management
- Previously worked with children with learning difficulties in the home environment
- Good clear English speaking and good communication / listening skills
- Ability to understand play and learning to develop skills
- Competent driver with full clean driving licence
- You will need to be fully conversant with safeguarding children and you will need to be familiar with the legal requirements of the Children’s Act and Legislation pertaining to carers
This is a live in role but the family will consider a local person who can be flexible and do some overnight stays when required.
All successful applications will be subject to DBS Enhanced Disclosure.