Job Title: Credit and Account Controller
Reports to: Finance Manager
1. To be a key member of the Finance team, assisting with the financial reporting cycle and management accounts
2. Responsible for the continuous upkeep of the accounting systems including credit control and filing of monthly and quarterly HMRC requirements.
Key Tasks (Specific):
1. Operate a small credit control operation including providing monthly statements, communicating overdue payments and liaising with other departments in relation to customers who are not within their agreed payment terms
2. Ownership and maintenance of;
a. the Accounts Receivable ledger
b. the Accounts Payable Ledger
c. the General Ledger
3. Assist the Finance Manager with;
a. monthly Payroll Requirements
b. Head Office reporting requirements
c. budgeting and forecasting
4. Processing and checking of employee expenses
5. Reconciliation of payables and receivables
a. Managing and reconciling;
c. Petty cash transactions
d. Payables and receivables
6. Assisting with weekly sales reporting
7. Treasury duties in relation to the preparation of payment of creditors (Weekly)
8. Ensure the VAT Return is filed in accordance with HMRC requirements (Monthly)
9. Communicating with customers in relation to invoices, payments and carriage.
10. In busy periods and to cover sickness or annual leave assist with sales invoicing and processing.
11. Assisting the order processing team
12. Raising credit notes and investigate and authorise complaints
13. Assist with Statutory requirements, that being EC Sales Reports, Intrastat and VAT Returns
14. Ownership of, updating and maintaining the customer price book
15. Management of Utilities contracts
16. Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Finance Manager
Key Tasks (General):
1. To observe and conform with all company policies and procedures.
2. To assist and support the Finance Manager in the delivery of their respective plans, as reasonably requested by them.
3. Proactive and enthusiastic contribution to all aspects of day to day functioning
4. To be an effective ambassador
6. To demonstrate behaviours consistent with our RECIPE values: Respect, Excellence, Customer, Involvement, Pride and Enthusiasm.
1. Experience of working in a similar role within a manufacturing similar environment.
2. Hold or be working towards a relevant professional qualification in accounting.
3. Demonstrate enthusiasm, flexibility and commitment to their role and the business.
4. Polite, professional team player who is reliable, organised and punctual displaying a 'can-do' attitude.
5. Effective communicator with the ability to communicate with customers, suppliers, team members and other group companies and build strong working relationships, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions when appropriate.
6. Analytical mind with a good eye for detail and genuine desire to improve understanding of the commercial and operational functions.
7. Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, with a good understanding of accounting systems in a manufacturing environment.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this position please send your CV