Senior Project Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer
Job Title: Port Marine Structures Senior Project Engineer
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
Position: Permanent, Full time
The company is established as one of the world's most productive and technically advanced ports.
They are currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced engineer to lead a small dedicated team of internal and external staff that is responsible for maintaining and expanding the Port's physical assets. The role offers an exciting opportunity to maintain, improve and expand the Port's marine assets and the opportunity to contribute to other works within a diverse Engineering Department.
- Management of the Engineering Department's internal staff and external contractors to ensure engineering works are carried out in accordance with health and safety legislation, to best practice and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Devise techniques, potentially with consultancy support, to inspect, monitor and repair port marine structures
- Overcoming both day-to-day engineering problems and developing long term solutions for a variety of marine engineering applications in line with operational and budgetary constraints.
- Identify and prepare cost estimates for engineering works.
- Produce tender documentation and undertake the contract administration for engineering works in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership for the engineering staff encouraging professional development and skills training.
- Maintain pace with all safety regulations and new technical innovations in order to provide advice and support.
- Assist line managers with work planning to ensure the most efficient use is made of the resources available to carry out engineering works.
- Regularly audit both engineering staff and contractors to ensure that they are working in accordance with agreed safety guidelines.
- Meet with port operational teams to ensure the suitability of marine infrastructure for cargo and lifting operations.
- Identify and manage as necessary environmental matters.
- Be responsible for the ongoing management, development and training of team members.
- Degree/Masters in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
- H&S and Environmental experience in engineering projects.
- Project management of engineering works.
- Flexible approach to working hours and weekend working (although this is very limited).
- Good communication and team working skills.
- An enthusiastic and confident nature.
- Willing to travel to undergo training as required.
- Clean driving licence and own transport
- 3+ Years' Experience in Marine Civil Projects.
- Experience in inspection and monitoring of structures.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Association of Project Management - Project Management Qualification.
- NEBOSH Construction certificate.
- Experience of current AutoCAD drawing packages.
- An awareness and understanding of processes, procedures and policies associated with project management of contractors; CDM 2015 regulations.
- Experience in mentoring junior members.
In return, you can look forward to opportunities to progress your career, along with an excellent range of benefits including generous annual leave and pension contribution.
Please be aware; due to the nature of the role, only candidates eligible to both live and work in the UK will be considered for the role. No sponsorship or relocation packages will be offered for this role.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Project Engineer, Engineering Project Management, Production Engineer, Project Management, Operations Engineer, Production Projects Engineer, Production Operations, Project Coordinator, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Marine Engineer, Civil Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer will also be considered for this role.