4 days left
- Full Time
Community Academies Trust, Tamworth
Scale O (£39,002 to £40,858 plus excellent pension scheme)
An exciting opportunity to join the central team of a well respected multi-academy trust, supporting community schools.
We are seeking someone to lead a team providing the financial accounting and statutory reporting function to our trust.
Community Academies Trust is a growing trust, currently operating in 3 hubs in North Warwickshire & Tamworth, Warwick & Stratford Upon Avon and in Telford. The central team is located in Tamworth and this is the normal place of work for most of our centrally employed staff. We are working across three local authority areas in the Midlands, currently have 16 academies in our Trust, employ over 1,400 staff and are responsible for educating about 7,500 young people.
Our trust is a values driven organisation, believing fundamentally in the talent of young people and is driven to ensure local communities have exceptional schools. Directors have set strategic objectives for the trust. These ensure that the schools in our trust are:
- Focused on achieving outstanding academic, personal and social outcomes for the children
- Committed to the moral imperative of community school improvement and shared system leadership.
- Mutually supportive, not in competition with each and are fiercely loyal to each other
- Equal partners with all other schools irrespective of their phase, size or successes.
- Multi academy trust minded – our schools celebrate the success of others as well as themselves and share accountabilities
- Financially disciplined and committed to fulfilling their delegated responsibilities to the best of their abilities under a robust governance arrangement
You will be a good accountant with:
- A good understanding of financial accounting and reporting
- An understanding of public sector or charity reporting
- Willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for working in the education sector, although you do not need to be currently employed in the sector
- Ability to lead a team and work with colleagues in both the central team and across our schools
- A strong sense of probity and able to ensure compliance from others
- Good communication skills, professional and confidential.
If this role is of interest to you and you can contribute to our future success an application pack is available on our website. Should you require any other details please contact Claire Cotton, Assistant to the Directors, on 01827 702216. There is an opportunity to discuss the role with the Executive Director (Finance & Operations).
For more information visit: www.communityacademiestrust.org
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 26 September 2018 at 9.00 pm
Interviews will take place on: Friday 5 October
Please note application forms must be completed in order to apply for this vacancy.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from Community Academies Trust vision and values.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 07472736
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”
Apply for Trust Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly