Furniture Cabinet Maker / Cabinet Assembler
Job Title: Furniture Cabinet Maker
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is family-established business and has been making beautiful handmade kitchens since 1997. Due to a recent expansion, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Senior Furniture Maker to join their highly talented team in Sheffield.
- Reviewing cutting lists and technical drawings to ensure they match and are accurate, identify and adjust any discrepancies in the cutting lists
- Ordering of raw materials needed for production of projects this includes reviewing drawings for any necessary items that may be needed and ordering such as bins, drawer runners, screws etc.
- Ensuring staff are fully trained in all woodworking techniques focusing on the development of each staff member as an individual
- Liaising regularly with Project Management team to ensure work is completed on time and the team have the necessary information and products need to complete projects on time e handles, hinges etc.
- Maintenance of all woodworking equipment and machinery to the highest possible level on a regular basis
- Ensuring the highest quality control standard is maintained and implementing quality control programmes
- Reviewing the product and ensuring that all areas of production are completed to the highest possible level as well as identifying any production areas that can be improved
- Planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Liaising among different departments, e. suppliers, managers
- Keeping production manager up do date with progress and informing them of any unforeseen delays and any requirements
- Overseeing and ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed
The ideal Candidate will have/ be:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent leadership and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of responsibility
- Excellent time management and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Furniture Maker, Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Working Foreman, Finishing Foreman, Carpentry Foreman, Woodwork Foreman, Joinery Lead Cabinet Assembler, Carpenter, Woodcutter Joiner, Carpentry, Woodwork, Fabric Maintenance Supervisor, 2D CAD Furniture Maker, Materials Planner, Production Scheduler, Production Controller, Materials Controller, CAD Design, 2D CAD may also be considered for this role.