Permanent position immediate start
FMC Chemicals Ltd has 30+ years’ experience making butyllithium, speciality organics and other lithium based chemicals which are used in the polymer, fine chemicals and battery industry.
A permanent position has arisen for a Laboratory Analyst to work on our lower tier COMAH batch manufacturing site. The working week is 38 hours, Monday to Friday with split shifts requiring 7am starts and 6pm finishes.
The function of the laboratory is to:
- Analysis of solvents to exacting standards to ensure the safety of the site is maintained
- Perform testing in order to accept incoming materials
- Support the production of alkyl lithium products to ensure customers specifications are met
- Support the production of lithium chloride for internal use and for sale
- Produce certificates of analysis and release orders for sale
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Demonstrates commitment to continual improvement in safety within the Quality Control Function.
- Safely perform activities in the Quality Control Laboratory, to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Supports and contributes towards continual improvement initiatives.
- Perform Analysis as required reporting against defined requirements for both in process material and finished product
- Provide approval documentation for submission to customers with details of product analysis as per SOP’s.
- Provide shift cover and weekend cover as required to support production
- Maintain laboratory systems, equipment, procedures and records to standards required by ISO9001:2015 and other legislative / regulatory bodies
- Develop and refine analytical procedures utilizing advances in knowledge and availability of new equipment
- Maintain personal expertise on up-to-date knowledge of quality analysis and control techniques
- Assist in evaluating process performance, process changes, plant capability, plant trials & customer requests
- Perform basic laboratory functions of equipment calibration, cleaning of labware and ensuring the laboratory is clean and tidy
The successful candidates will require the following:
- Graduate or HNC in chemistry.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in analytical chemistry.
- Very good dexterity
- Skill to work within a team with close interaction between production, engineering, technology, sales and quality departments.
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience of GC-MS, GC-FID, ICP-OES, Auto-Titration, Karl Fischer
- Experience of handling air sensitive solutions and flammable liquids
The company offers an attractive salary, 25 days holiday per annum, membership to a well-equipped on-site gym, flexible benefits package and private healthcare.
Please send CV by email.