Head of Philanthropy
Head of Philanthropy
Carterton, Oxfordshire (with occasional travel to visit donors)
If you have a strong background in major gift or charitable trust fundraising, this is an exceptional opportunity to support the success of an innovative animal charity as a Head of Philanthropy.
Blue Cross are one the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
We’re working to rehome 20,000 pets by 2020 and fundraising will play a vital part in helping us achieving this aim. As such, we are looking for a Head of Philanthropy to join our passionate team in Carterton.
- Salary of up to £50,000 DOE & skills
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life Insurance
Here at Blue Cross, pets are at the heart of everything we do. We have been championing animal welfare for over a century and you will play a key role in ensuring we can continue our vital work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact on our fundraising efforts and help us to continue finding animals the happy homes they deserve.
As the Head of Philanthropy, you will develop income from charitable trusts and major donors to support our ongoing work.
Leading the Philanthropy Team, you will develop our existing strategy and fundraising programme to ensure that our ambitious targets are met.
You’ll personally manage a portfolio of major donors, nurture relationships, build a pipeline for the future and actively secure five and six figure digits.
To join us as our Head of Philanthropy, you will need experience of the following:
- Major gift or charitable trust fundraising
- Achieving five and six figure donations from high net worth individuals and/or Trusts
- Managing and leading a successful philanthropic fundraising team
- Working at the highest level of an organisation and managing relationships with key stakeholders at Director, CEO and Board level
- Working as a successful relationship-based fundraiser
- Account management and stewardship of key donors
- Developing large long term, multi-year commitments
- Maximising opportunities, forward thinking and continually seeking to improve ways of working
- Developing income streams successfully over a number of years
- Managing donor relationship databases
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is also essential.
We are eager to hear from you if you have held the role of Head of Fundraising, Senior Fundraising Manager, Trust Fundraising Manager, Charitable Fundraising Manager, Major Gift Fundraising Manager or Head of Strategic Fundraising.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take on a highly rewarding role as our Head of Philanthropy, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.