Employer: Invenia Labs Limited
Job Title: Research Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £75,000, depending upon experience and qualifications
Closing date: 26 September 2018
Our Research Engineers work alongside Machine Learning Researchers, providing software design, programming, debugging, and optimization support, as well as implementing software libraries as needed for research. They have a good understanding of software development and design, along with scientific computing and numerical methods. They may also work directly on developing models and algorithms to meet research goals, and are encouraged to participate in the wider research and development community.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implement, test, review, debug and optimise algorithms and models in consultation with other researchers.
- Design and develop well organised and documented software libraries to support research efforts.
- Analyse relevant data and communicate results in the form of discussions and reports to other team members.
- Develop well organised and documented code for individual projects or general use as necessary.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers to meet research goals.
Mandatory skills, qualifications and experience:
- MSc/MEng or PhD degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in Julia.
- Experience with distributed computing.
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistics, probability theory, or optimisation.
- Experience with machine learning toolboxes and frameworks, such as TensorFlow and scikit-learn.