Weekend Kitchen Assistant / Kitchen Porter
Job Title: Weekend Kitchen Assistant
Location: South Norwood SE25 6LL
Salary: £8 per hour
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent - Saturday and Sunday 8 a. - 1 p. (10 h.)
Closing Date: Monday 17th September 2018
The Company has been an established provider of Sheltered Housing for over 30 years and Facilities Management services for over 10 years and is proud to provide high standards of service, demonstrated by achieving a Customer Excellence Accreditation.
They are now looking for a dedicated and reliable Weekend Kitchen Assistant who is Passionate, Professional and Caring to be a part of their team.
What you'll be doing:
You will work as part of an experienced and committed catering team, based in one of Croydon Councils residential care homes. You will be responsible for maintaining under general supervision of the Chef, high levels of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen and the straight forward cooking and service of food.
What you'll need:
Catering experience working in a commercial kitchen.
You will have a genuine passion for giving a high quality service and pride yourself in having a professional approach and have a caring personality with the ability to communicate with the elderly.
What we will offer in return:
- A competitive salary plus 28 days holiday, pro rata for part time working (including statutory bank holidays)
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1000 per year on your routine healthcare costs
- Employee Advice Line, offering a 24 hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Company Pension Scheme which pays above the minimum employer contribution rate
- Employee Recognition Schemes, including Employee Excellence Award and additional holiday for qualifying service
- A comprehensive induction and training programme with on-going development
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
The Company is committed to Equality & Diversity
Upon receipt of your application the Company will process your data for recruitment purposes only. They would like to keep this data until their open role is filled. They cannot estimate the time period but when that period is over, the Company will either delete your data or inform you that they will keep it on record for future roles
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Restaurant Chef Assistant, Breakfast Chef, Kitchen Chef, Catering Assistant, Food Catering, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Food Hygiene, Food Health and Safety Manager and Kitchen Porter may also be considered for this role.