Contracts Manager - General Building Works
Contracts Manager, General Building Works
A long-established general building and contracting company based near Stanstead Airport. The Company has a busy and varied workload in new build and renovation type projects. This is a great opportunity for the right person to work alongside the Director and grow with the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position and who enjoys a varied role. They are looking for someone who is an experienced contracts manager, able to manage both direct employed tradesmen and sub-contract teams. The successful candidate will be expected to manage their projects to the agreed budget, on programme, in line with Health & Safety standards and meet expectations from both client and company.
Key Experience and Skills:
- SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS are required.
- Health & Safety training records
- Formal qualification in trade background or HND (or equivalent)
- Computer Skills & Microsoft Office Software - Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- A proven comprehensive overall knowledge of construction procedures and techniques
- Diagnoses of building faults
- Compiling scope of works
- Cost estimating and surveying
- Good at fostering client and supply chain relations
- Exceptional communication (both verbal and written)
- Proactive and highly adaptable
- High attention to detail
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
- Prepare project details from initial enquiry for estimating and tendering purposes
- Develop effective client and partner relationships in order to identify and secure profitable work.
- Preparation of documentation and files for effective control of projects
- Prepare and place material and sub-contract orders
- Organise daily workload and timetables for direct trades and sub-contract personnel
- Compilation of accurate management, financial and performance information
- Lead effective and positive approach to Health & Safety performance
- Prepare project valuations and invoices
- Working with the office team to plan and set up effective use of resources
- Motivate and guide site staff performance, including setting out clear key work objectives
- Salary: £45,000 pa
- 22 days paid annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Access to Pension scheme
- Company vehicle or Car allowance scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone