Garth Coates Solicitors specialises in Immigration and is at the forefront of the law firm sector. We are well versed in European Union legislation, litigation, immigration and human rights. The firm is London based and was launched in 2008 by Mr. Garth Coates, who has decades of hands-on experience in the sector.
Assist and provide a range of legal and administration support to Partners and fee earners, to involve a mix of corporate and private immigration matters.
- Assist fee earners with research into Immigration Rules and case law
- Complete immigration application forms, standard letters/emails for fee earners to review and for submission to the UK Visa and Immigration
- Assist fee earners with preparation clients’ applications and liaise closely with the main fee earner
- Proofread and checking forms and documents for accuracy
- Prepare client care letters, closing letters and invoices
- Make telephone calls to UK Visa and Immigration and British Consulates, monitor and check the progress of applications and report back to fee earners.
- Attend Tribunal with barrister and solicitors and assist them in preparation and presentation of the case
- Assist fee earners in drafting witness statements and preparing appeal bundles
- Provide assistance in all aspects of the practice
- Other such duties as may from time to time be given
- Preferably with UK law degree
- Preferably with LPC
- At least 3- 5 years experience in private immigration law both non-points based and business immigration/points based caseload
- Detailed knowledge of PBS System
- Knowledge of Tier 1 entrepreneur and investor visa
- Knowledge of Tier 2 sponsor licence compliance and sponsorship applications
- Knowledge of all areas of Individual Immigration, Appeal and Judicial review
- Candidates must have excellent written and spoken English
- Good drafting and writing skills as well as possessing an excellent ability to communicate
- Good workload planner
- Able to work under pressure and meeting deadlines