Multi-drop Delivery Driver
MULTI-DROP DELIVERY DRIVER – CLASS 2 / CAT C
A Bristol based wholesale company, who were 2017 winners of the Bristol Posts Large Business of the year award, are currently seeking a Full Time, Permanent, CAT C Delivery Driver to join their busy transport team in Yate, Bristol.
Earn up to £26,200 per annum (which includes a £100.00 monthly performance bonus)
Additional Benefits include
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Up to 20 days holiday + bank Holidays
You will be required to work an average of 48 hours per week over a 26 week period. Monday-Friday, From 05:30-finish, you will be required to work Saturdays on a rota basis. Rotation may vary depending on economic needs of the business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Charles Saunders Ltd have been established in Bristol for over 50 years. We supply a full range of frozen, chilled and ambient foods, fresh and frozen seafood, together with an extensive range of tableware and disposable products.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will suit someone who has a CAT C licence, is enthusiastic, has a flexible attitude and ideally has multi-drop experience.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Driving 7.5T and 12T company vehicles to deliver food and disposable goods to customers in a safe and responsible manner
- Bulk picking items from the back of a lorry and carrying goods to point requested by the customer
- Collecting cash and/or cheques from customers for the goods delivered
- Recording temperature of the vehicles chiller and freezer ensuring temperatures are kept within the critical limits, reporting any issues to the Transport Management team.
- Driving safely and in a manner to minimise wear and tear.
- Returning run sheets and cash collections to the Accounts department
- On return to the warehouse take undelivered goods to the relevant area in the warehouse
- Completing relevant paperwork and returning it to the Transport department
- Ensuring your vehicle is kept clean and tidy inside and out
- Assisting warehouse personnel with vehicle loading where necessary
- To pass on any orders or messages from customers to a telesales operator and transport management team.
Skills & Attributes:
- Must hold a CAT C (Class 2) licence, and have less than 6 points on your driving licence.
- CPC Driver Qualification is desirable, the company can assist with training if required.
- Previous knowledge of using a Digital Tachograph
- Individual commitment to providing superior customer service on a consistent basis.
- Have a positive, proactive and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent driving skills in a variety of conditions, and must have knowledge of traffic laws and standard practices of courtesy on the road
- Be presentable to promote the company image in a positive manner.
- You will need to be physically fit for this position as the job involves a lot of manual handling of heavy goods.
- Experience of Multi-Drop is desirable
How to apply
Please apply here. Due to the volume of applications received only successful applicants will receive a response.
All applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.K. Charles Saunders Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a policy of non discrimination. Due to the volume of applications received only successful applicants will receive a response.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.