Events Executive Assistant
Would you like to be part of our busy, thriving events team?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Events Executive Assistant to join the team At the Grimsby Telegraph, part of Reach plc.
With a portfolio that includes: Grimsby Live, Grimsby Telegraph,
Scunthorpe Telegraph and Journal Magazine, so you know you're going to be part of something special.
About the company
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
Newspapers aren't just newspapers anymore. Readers now engage with news brands 6 times a day using multiple devices including; mobile, desktop, apps, Facebook and Twitter. At the Grimsby Telegraph, we host an expanding portfolio of events ranging from exhibitions to award ceremonies. With this in mind, you will be responsible for:
- Growing event revenues and driving profit across a portfolio of print and digital products
- Proactively identifying and targeting new clients via prospecting and using market intelligence
- Sourcing sponsorship from new and existing customers through cold calling both field and tele
- Identifying customer needs with a consultative approach and proposing comprehensive advertising solutions
- Guaranteeing a high quality of customer service is delivered each time
- The ideal candidate
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and closing abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to target and secure new business
- Self-motivation, tenacity and the drive to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Full UK Driving Licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.