Administrative Assistant / Support Administrator - Exams
Job Title: Administrative Assistant - Exams
Salary: £21,927 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The College is a highly successful and popular Catholic sixth form located on three sites in south east London. They specialise in meeting the needs of sixth form students, and have an established track record of excellent examinations success. Their Financial Status is Outstanding and in 2017 they were graded as a good college by Ofsted.
An opportunity has arisen for an outstanding administrator to join the College Examinations Team, based at the Emmanuel site. You should be highly organised with a commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Input, maintain and manipulate relevant data using the College's Information and Recording systems, producing documents, reports and correspondence as required.
- Produce well laid out and accurate letters, documents and reports for internal and external use.
- Maintain accurate records and well organised, comprehensive filing systems.
- Copy, collate and distribute documentation to relevant personnel.
- Deal with communications including correspondence and telephone calls so that messages and documents are handled properly and efficiently.
- Liaise with a range of people, ensuring that communications are accurate and reflect the efficient operation and ethos of the College.
- Word process letters and documents for internal and external use.
- Use computer functions and packages such as PowerPoint or Excel expertly as required.
- Support and contribute to a range of administrative functions as required.
- Administer college examinations in support of the Administration and Support Manager as required.
- Taking part in professional development activities including appraisal.
- Promote equal opportunities for students and staff.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Principal, after due consultation.
- An understanding of, and support for, the Catholic ethos of the College.
- A good standard of education to A Level or equivalent.
- A sound knowledge of examination systems and an ability to adopt systematic procedures that support delivery.
- Highly proficient in the use of the IT systems and applications as they apply to general administration and to the examinations service.
- The ability to deal with large volume tasks whilst maintaining a close check on detail.
- The ability to work with and manipulate data and to produce reports for a range of purposes.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a busy office and the ability to complete tasks independently within agreed timescales.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, in particular during the periods of public examinations and the flexibility required with regard to the hours worked during the course of the busy examination activities.
- A good confident manner and high level oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team and with a range of people.
- An awareness of the need for personal development, both as a member of a team and as an individual; a willingness to participate in INSET and appraisal.
- The ability to communicate well with young people and to have an understanding of some of the challenges they face.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Administrative Support Exams Coordinator, Examinations Coordinator, Examinations Administrator, Exam Officer, Support Administrator, Examinations Officer, Exams Admin, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Exam Assistant, College Administrator, School Administrator may also be considered for this role.