Manual/Automation QA Tester
Manual/Automation QA Tester
More photos have been taken this decade than in the rest of history! Rapid advances in mobile technology mean that over a trillion pictures are captured each year. Our client helps the photo industry stay ahead of the game.
They are looking for talented engineers to work with them to build solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands, and millions of their customers. Over the last 12 years, they’ve grown a diverse client base that ranges from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations. Although they’re based in the UK, their core clients are also located in Ireland and North America.
Why you should join our client
- They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects as the foundation for their systems
- They have an open, honest and transparent culture
- They empower people to make decisions with impact
- They are open to change in our processes, techniques and skills
- They have a smart, motivated and supportive team
- They value learning, agility and feedback
Their team finds creative and innovative ways to solve complex hardware and software problems for their clients. They keep development cycles fast, adapting as they go along, and investing in a culture of discovery and continual feedback.
They are looking for individuals committed to learning more of their trade, and supporting each other’s growth in the process. They still have a startup-like culture of openness to ideas and opportunities for talent to be put to good use… plus a market-tested and profitable product line. So they like to think they have the best of both worlds.
You will join around 80 other staff, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area in Hampshire. Trains to Chichester, Southampton, Brighton and London are a 5 minute walk away, and they are also a 15 minute walk to the sea. They’ve got all the usual suspects; breakout areas, a games room and free on-site employee parking. And plenty of the more unusual suspects; a sizable garden, fitness suite, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, a host of the latest gadgets, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, copious nerf guns and much more. Plus a 1Gbps fibre connection… they take their technology very seriously!
To make a long story short, they’ve grown a place where they love working, and they think you will too.
- Own the execution of tests and acceptance activities as directed by Test Lead
- Able to execute manual and automated tests, including exploratory and regression tests
- Selecting or Identifying areas / test cases for automation
- Writing and maintaining automation scripts
- Researching and implementing new technologies
- Working closely with their development teams
- Performing manual testing on our Physical kiosks, Web and Mobile applications
- Engage in Sprint planning, Retrospective and daily stand-up
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven experience as a tester in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A good understanding of common scripting languages (Ruby, Python, or similar).
- Experience in the design, development and execution of automation scripts using open source tools.
- Hands on experience with Selenium Webdriver.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with all areas of the business.
- Background working within an Agile team.
- Experience with Linux operating system & scripting.
- ISTQB Foundation Certified (ideally).
- £25,000 - £30,000 commensurate with skills/experience.
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years’ service.
- A generous bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the company, paid at Christmas.
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme.
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles).
- A healthy social calendar.
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally.
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter explaining how you fulfil the role above and describing an interesting (and ideally relevant technical) project or problem that you've worked on recently. Include your full CV and a link to a GitHub account (if you have one) in the form of attachments ONLY.