Service Practitioner (PW3)
Service Practitioner (PW3), Valleys & Specialists Locality, Cymru
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £27,814.40 - £32,704.58
Barnardo's Cymru Better Futures Service
11b Heol Mostyn
Village Farm Industrial Estate
Better Futures Cymru provides assessment and longer term therapeutic intervention services for children and young people with sexualised histories across Wales, including young people who have been the victims of sexual abuse; young people who display problematic or Harmful Sexual Behaviour; and young people who are at risk of or are abused through Child Sexual Exploitation.
The successful post holder will undertake specialist assessments of children and young people who may have experienced trauma including sexual abuse/sexualisation; who may display Harmful Sexual Behaviour themselves or are at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation. You will do this by working directly with children and families where sexual abuse is a major factor.
Your duties will include;
- Reducing the incidents of sexual abuse including abuse perpetrated by young people
- To positively contribute to the protection of the young person and others in the community
- To promote the development of positive sexual and social relationships by young people
- To take a holistic approach in our interventions with young people
- To contribute to knowledge, research and good practice in this area of work
- Supervision of staff up to PW
- Evaluate the service or aspects of it
- Working within the court arena (family or criminal).
Applicants must demonstrate in their application form that they currently use the skills outlined below or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.
- A Social Work or equivalent professional qualification, i.e qualification in counselling or recognised therapeutic technique at diploma level or above, or a Probation degree
- Experience or knowledge of delivering therapeutic interventions with children and young people to support them to recover from trauma
- Experience or knowledge of report writing to external organisations and complex management reports
- Experience of working in partnership with young people, their families, carers and professionals
- Demonstrable and comprehensive experience required in the role and of working within a safeguarding environment
- Experience of undertaking structured assessments of children and young people who may have experienced trauma including sexual abuse/sexualisation.
The ability, on occasion, to work remotely involving overnight stays will also be a part of this role.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to continued funding and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.