£ Band G + Excellent benefits (see below)
We are looking for a suitably qualified Team Leader to work for a prestigious charity, affiliated to the NHS, helping people with dependency on drugs, alcohol and substance misuse. The Team Leader’s role will be to provide all aspects of management support for a range of projects, associated contracts and budgets relating to local substance misuse, alcohol and drug dependence issues. Reporting to the Service Manager the Team Leader will join a committed, friendly team, and enjoy deploying their empathetic skills to help their team support those with dependency issues to integrate back into society.
Team Leaders must be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. They must ensure they are familiar with the signs and symptoms of abuse and know what to do if any such concerns are raised. Team Leaders are expected to follow the safeguarding children and safeguarding adult policies and participate in related mandatory/statutory training.
Key Team Leader responsibilities:
· Facilitate staff meetings
· Lead and manage a team over various sites, attend staff and management meetings as required
· Ensure quality standards are met in line with KPI’s
· Liaise with referrers, purchasers and partners to ensure a consistent approach and philosophy within the department are used
· Participate in case conference and present cases in Multi-Disciplinary team meetings as required
· Collate all statistics, figures, case notes and performance information as required for internal and external purposes
· Support with HR issues on disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence in line with policies and procedures
· Ensure policies and procedures are implemented effectively and consistently
· Represent the service internally and externally when directed and function as part of the management team
· Liaise with the Service Manager on all aspects relating to departmental budgets
· Ensure the department develops and maintains a library of practice, evidence and research on substance misuse
Personal Specification – Team Leader:
· Professional qualification or degree in a related subject e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling
· Experience of working directly with people with problematic substance use and delivering effective key work-based interventions
· Knowledge of current Government legislation
· Emphatic and non-judgemental
· Excellent communication skills
· An enthusiastic and motivated team leader
· Car driver with own transport
· Evidenced training in substance misuse and substance misuse treatment approaches
· Knowledge of substances and their effects together with an understanding of the recovery process and underpinning principles
· Knowledge of mental health issues
· Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities issues and how they integrate with service provision for substance misuse
· Experience and understanding of case note and report writing
Benefits include: 29 days per annum annual leave, rising to 31 after 2 years’ service and 34 after 5, plus Public Holidays, Pension Scheme, Life assurance of 2 x annual salary, Employee Health Benefit Scheme.
If you are currently working as a Social Worker, Counsellor, Psychologist, Safeguarding Officer, Social Carer or a Trainer within the Safeguarding profession or NHS this may well be a perfect opportunity for you.
Living in or around Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Leeds, York, Gainsborough, Worksop or Hull this will be commutable distance.