Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. We regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum which enables wireless devices to operate.
Purpose of the Role
The outsourcing strategy is driven by value for money, skills and know-how to deliver excellent user experience and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
This role sits within the ICT Programme and Transformation Management who are responsible for:
- Delivery of Programmes and Projects
- Administration of Programme delivery
- Progress, pipeline and demand management of all ICT projects
Requirements of the Role
You will be responsible for accurately identifying the Ofcom business requirements and ensuring their successful translation throughout the project life-cycle to realise the desired business outcomes.
As a business facing member of the ICT team, you have a responsibility to provide an excellent customer experience during all interactions and be mindful of our objective of achieving and maintaining very high customer satisfaction scores.
Skills, knowledge and experience
Please note, Ofcom has aligned key skills required for this role to the industry standard Skills Framework for Information Age (SFIA) where appropriate. It is assumed that candidates are competent in all skill levels lower than required SFIA Level for this role. (please refer to the SFIA 6 Skills Framework for more detail]
- Business Analysis [SFIA Code: BUAN; Level: 5]
- Requirements Definition and Management [SFIA Code: REQM; Level: 5]
- Business process improvement [SFIA Code: BPRE; Level: 5]
- Relationship Management [SFIA Code: RLMT; Level: 5]
- Project Management [SFIA Code:PRMG; Level: 5]
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Support [SFIA Code: PROF; Level: 4]
- Technical Recommendation and Testing
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Visio
- Experience in using testing/defects management software
- Experienced in using requirements tracking and testing defect management software, such as Quality Centre or Jama is desirable
- SharePoint Online migration project
- Salesforce migration project
- General Infrastructure and software development
- Graduate calibre with degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business related degree, with demonstrable experience in a Business Analyst role
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge recognised Business Analysis qualification is required e.g. CCBA, CBAP, or equivalent is required
- Understanding of PRINCE 2, PMI, APMP or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Understanding of service management and ITIL v3 Foundation qualified would be advantageous
The closing date for applications is the 16th September 2018.
To apply for the role of Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Business Analyst, Business Change Analyst, Data Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Project Analyst, Business Transformation Analyst, Analysis.