Job Title: Production Technician
Hours of Work: Average 42 hours per week - includes 1 hour paid lunch
Days of Work: Monday to Sunday - Day / Night Shift Pattern
Location: Wixland Mill, Atherington
Responsible to: Operations Manager
To undertake loading, unloading and productions operations within the Mill / Blends plant. Ensuring performance is maximised in the areas of quality, cost, service, safety and people.
- To undertake loading and blending operations within the Mill and Blend shed.
- To undertake shunting of raw materials and finished product.
- To ensure all H&S protocols and site compliance is always adhered to.
- To communicate with the Transport department and drivers, to ensure accurate, efficient loading and dispatch of finished products.
- To ensure minimum quality requirements are always met if not exceeded.
- To work with Management and Engineering team to co-ordinate and implement the site maintenance plans.
- Identify and develop alongside the Engineering and improvement teams, best developed practices and procedures, maximising site performance. E.g. OEE improvement.
Once developed, ensure that the best developed practices and procedures are adhered to.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Previous experience in loading and blending operations within a mill or blend shed would be a distinct advantage.
- Have a full driving licence.
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Be pro-active in their approach to work.
Whilst not essential, the below skills/accreditations would be a distinct advantage:
- IOSH Working Safely (or equivalent)
- FLT licence
- JCB licence
- Shunt Driving Awareness
Please request a full job description for further details.
Closing date for applicants: Friday 14th September 2018
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer