Internal Sales Executive
National Sales Office - Internal Sales Executive
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£Competitive + Excellent bonus structure
Our prestigious client, an independent timber and builders merchant with over 175 years trading experience and a nationwide network of 31 branches, is seeking to strengthen their National Sales Office with the addition of a proactive and experienced sales person. Our client supplies timber and building materials to all sectors of the construction industry – domestic, commercial, trade and retail and has dedicated manufacturing divisions supplying specialist windows, doors and timber engineering services. The role will be to build on the success of the branch network in servicing the local builder and RMI markets by focusing on larger contractors and regional developers and on maintaining/developing existing customers whilst prospecting for new ones. You will be responsible for your own sales ledger and need to demonstrate excellent customer service and have a proven sales record.
Key Responsibilities – Sales Executive:
· Achieve sales and margin budgets set by the company
· Follow up all sales leads, enquiries and quotations.
· Set and deliver bespoke Key Account plans for each customer
· Achieve and exceed all sales targets that are set individually
· Continually develop and update your product knowledge.
· Be aware of all opportunities and gather information from customers and competitors that may influence or help our company. Understand the changing market conditions.
· Effective time management, with weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
· Completing all necessary administration in line with the current Howarth Timber procedures
· Always exceed customer expectations by dealing with them professionally, whatever their enquiry.
· Ensure a high level of after sales based on customer care, that always enhances our company reputation.
· Work closely with suppliers to create opportunities to enhance our company.
· Working closely with branch and external sales teams.
Sales Executive – Personal Specification:
· Positive attitude, reliable and enthusiastic
· Good market knowledge of the sector
· A thorough understanding of all Company products and services
· Proven sales experience, preferably within the timber and builders merchant industry
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· A good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Valid UK Driving Licence
· Well presented at all times
You may currently be working as a Sales Executive, Sales Person, Building Supplies Representative, Sales Representative, Business Development Manager or Sales Rep.