£34K - £36K + OT + Training
An experienced Mechanical Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Engineer is required to join the growing team of a national company. You may be a recently qualified Mechanical Engineer, looking for an exciting opportunity, or a time served Maintenance Engineer who has lots of experience to share. Probably from a factory or food factory environment or forces trained (particularly REME). Your own personal development will be guaranteed as well as on-going training.
The company are well established and have recently invested £5M development to their site in a new innovative product.
Key Maintenance Engineer responsibilities:
- Carry out proactive and reactive maintenance to ensure minimum product downtime
- Contribute to implementing new working methods and actively participate in continuous improvement
- Ensure consistency in quality of work across the various lines
- Ensure smooth changeovers/handovers between shifts
- To actively and analytically fault find
- To understand company performance measurements such as OEE, Scrap, Spoilage, Cycle etc.
- Promote and adhere to the Company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring that all tasks are carried out to the safe systems of work provided by management
Personal specification for Maintenance / Mechanical Engineer:
- Time served with a recognised apprenticeship
- Experience & understanding of automated manufacturing systems
- Electrical understanding desirable, not essential
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of control systems & PLC’s
- A hands-on team player with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working unsupervised
- Ability to demonstrate previous involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
If you are currently working as a Site Engineer, Production Engineer, Shift Engineer, Plastic Moulding Engineer, Factory Engineer or have a good knowledge of water treatment, pneumatics and hydraulics then this may be an interesting role for you.
If you live in Lincoln, Market Rasen, Louth, Brigg, Coningsby, Gainsborough, Boston, Sleaford or Skegness this may well be within commutable distance for you.