We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual to take on an Operations Assistant role and support our Operations Team.
You will be involved in the smooth delivery of ECT’s various services by managing bookings and enquiries, providing all necessary information to drivers, passengers and colleagues and maintaining all relevant operational records. The right candidate should be able to work effectively in a busy, fast-changing environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work for a social purpose to join our professional, close knit, team and deliver our customer focused passenger transport operation. You will gain valuable skills and experience in all aspects of office administration and operations, both of which form a crucial foundation to develop a successful career. This is a permanent position for 40 hours per week and the salary is £8.50 per hour plus holidays.
This is a permanent position of 40 hours per week and the salary is £17,680 per annum. If you are interested in this role, please:
- first check our Job Application Guide for more details regarding the position;
- then download and complete the Job Application Form; and
- return the completed Application Form either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Ciarán Reid, Greenford Depot, Greenford, Middx UB6 9AP.
It is essential that the candidate:
- has an ability to work effectively in a busy, fast-changing environment;
- has an interest in the social objectives of a not-for-profit, charitable organisation;
- has A-level equivalent education or comparable experience;
- has exceptional customer service skills;
- has an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, backgrounds and circumstances, over the telephone, email and in person, in a patient and courteous manner;
- has ability to undertake route planning and map reading;
- has strong written and oral communication skills;
- is proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages including databases;
- shows flexibility and willingness to work both as part of a team and independently without supervision as occasion demands, and to undertake a diversity of tasks;
- has an ability to solve problems on own initiative when required;
- is reliable, conscientious, honest and punctual; and
- is committed to the success of ECT’s passenger operations.
Please note that the items in the above list are not listed in any particular order.
It is desirable (but not essential) if the candidate has:
- Interest in transport and/or mobility issues;
- Experience of working with older or disabled people or people with mobility difficulties;
- Customer service experience;
- Holder of a valid UK driving licence.