Job Title: Credit Controller
Location: Nottingham, NG6 8WA
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a specialist, design, installation, testing and maintenance contractor, within the electrical earthing, lightning protection and height safety market. Operating nationally, the business focuses on providing top quality safety-critical services for the protection of people, buildings and infrastructure. They are a successful, growing company that is looking for talented employees who want to work in an environment that is challenging and rewarding.
The Credit Controller is responsible for the professional and timely recovery of unpaid monies owed to the Company, in which responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure all outstanding client balances are collected within the agreed payment terms
- Identify overdue client accounts and chase for payment
- Take ownership and resolve any client invoice queries in a timely manner
- Escalate any potential risks with clients defaulting on payments to the department head
- Update and maintain our IFS system, ensuring all actions relating to credit control e calls/payment promises/disputes are accurately recorded on our system database
- Work with the area department heads to reduce unvoiced debt and to resolve any invoiced debt queries
The ideal Candidate will have /be:
- Previous experience within a credit control role - with a background of commercial (business to business) cash collection in a multi-site environment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong numerical skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent time management with a strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of reported financial information
- Confident and assertive
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel essential
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: Only apply if you live in a commuting distance or are willing to reallocate.
Due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Payment Processing, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Debt Collection may also be considered for this role.