Grounds and Estates Operative
S41999 Grounds and Estates Operative (Arboriculture, Trees, Woodlands)
The appointment is on a 5 over 7 day work pattern (approximately 4-5 weekends a year), with a working week of 36.5 hours. Weekend working will be required on a rota basis. Flexible working to cover severe weather incidents will also be required.
- Have significant, demonstrable experience and a CS39 certificate for climbing and safe operation of a chainsaw in a tree
- Hold a certificate demonstrating you can undertake felling of small/medium trees and tree pruning operations
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to safely use a range of arboricultural and horticultural tools and powered equipment
- Be able to demonstrate you can work safely as part of a team and to have a good knowledge of a range of landscaping and planting techniques
- Be a good communicator with a clear understanding of customer needs
- Knowledge of traffic management and road closures will be required to fulfil the role
- A clean current driving licence and PA1/PA6a spraying certificates would be an advantage but are not essential to fulfil the role
The University is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
The University offers some fantastic benefits including 39 days leave per year, options for flexible working, numerous discounts at leading retailers, onsite gym, cycle to work scheme and a stunning campus environment in the heart of Exeter. If you are not currently in Exeter please have a look at our website for some further information on what a beautiful part of the country we are based in.
The starting salary will be circa £17,408 on Grade C depending on qualifications and experience.
To view the Job Description and Person Specification document please click here.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university that combines world-class research with very high levels of student satisfaction. Exeter has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries and is in the top 1% of universities in the world with 98% of its research rated as being of international quality. Our research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today. Fifty percent of our organisation is made up of Professional Services support staff that partner closely with the Academic colleges to ensure we achieve our strategy and vision.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.