JOB TITLE: GCSE English Teacher
Salary: From £24,385 to £34,524 per annum -
Tenure: This post is offered on a permanent basis
Hours: Teachers are required to work 37 hours per week with 23 hours formal scheduled teaching
Annual Leave: 65 days annual leave per year including bank and public holidays and efficiency closure days.
Trade Union teaching staff have the right to belong to a trade union of their choice.
1. To teach allocated classes.
2. To act as group tutor as required.
3. To prepare, deliver and assess students learning to the required high standards and expectations of the College.
4. To market and promote courses and programmes to a range of stakeholders.
5. To report on learners progress to parents and other stakeholders.
1. Preparation and delivery of lessons and courses; assessment, recording and reporting on assessments of students.
2. Acting as group and personal tutor; delivery of tutorial programme; guidance to members of tutor group; supporting and participating in curriculum development; accurate maintenance of registers; preparation of tutor reports.
3. Working as part of a team to quality assure qualification delivery and develop Schemes of Work and associated resources
4. Consultation and reporting with parents and colleagues as needed.
5. Attendance at staff, department, team meetings and parents` consultation meetings.
6. Participation in examination arrangements including invigilation.
7. Participation in learner admissions, learner trips and visits, enrichment and guidance of learners.
8. Participation in marketing and promotional events.
The following qualifications, qualities, skills and experience are considered necessary in this key post. The essential criteria will be assessed in the following ways. A - application, T - test, I - Interview.
1. Essential Education and Qualifications
a) A recognised teaching qualification in a closely related subject -
b) Degree in a closely related subject or equivalent professional qualification at level 4 or above -
c) Level 2 in English and Maths -
2. Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
a) Extensive knowledge of motivational and effective pedagogic practices -
b) Substantial knowledge and experience of the range of tutoring, and learner tracking methods needed to ensure stimulating learning experiences -
c) Experience of working in a FE environment, particularly with students aged 16 to 19 years -
d) Well-developed written and oral communication skills -
e) Knowledge of the relevant course content in a vocational setting -
f) Ability to motivate students to maximise their potential -
3. Desirable Commercial or Teaching experience
a) Commercial experience of the subject required to teach of at least 1 years paid employment, or substantial experience of teaching the required subject with evidence of high standards achieved