Software and Data Engineer / Graduate Software Engineer
Job Title: Software and Data Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
As Shropshire's 2017 Business of the Company is a highly successful business based in Telford that looks for people who share their passion for success and thrive when working in a friendly and inclusive business. The IT department plays a vital role in the Company's growth and success by developing apps, finding efficiencies and creating improvements across the business.
The Company has now an exciting opportunity for a driven individual with a good knowledge of programming to join their growing in-house team. Leading their industry with their technology offerings, from reporting functions through their portal to app development they are an integral part of the Company's strategy for the future resulting in further investment and projects.
This role will be part of the Software Development team working on projects involving Salesforce and app development and will provide interesting projects to get involved with for someone with lots of enthusiasm. This opportunity could be ideal for someone who has recently completed their education and now wants to start their career or who is ready for a new challenge with a busy, innovative company.
- Everyday administration and maintenance of the business data platforms
- Development of APIs and database linkage
- Business reporting, dashboarding and data expression through Salesforce and other data sources
- Work in a task-based approach to software development
- Liaise directly with third party suppliers to see that objectives and timelines are understood and development schedules kept on-track
- Troubleshoot using logs, test instances and other tools, any technical issue arising during the development process
- Ensure technical documentation is properly maintained and up to date
- Provide occasional on-site contact with customers/suppliers for training
- Contribute towards accurate and up to date EU guides and marketing materials
To be successful you will have/ be:
- Robust knowledge of at least one modern programming language
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database concept
- Experience of working in a business environment
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and manage a busy workload
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.