We are looking for an experienced writer to provide compelling human interest stories that will be published across Reach's national and regional portfolio.
Working with a commercial partner, you will be responsible for generating and writing exclusive stories for print and digital use, as well as identifying stories that can be developed into longer form video content.
Reach plc is an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
Trusted, relevant, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Daily Record and the Daily Mirror nationally, to name just a few) provide.
To generate stories of remarkable people doing remarkable things to help others across the country, and provide a comprehensive, accurate and brilliantly written copy.
Work to strict deadlines, and be adept at thinking of different treatments for different types of content.
Suggest story ideas to editors, and work with photographers and video teams to make sure stories are presented in the best possible way.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate the highest level of reporting skills, initiative and sound judgement in a demanding media environment.
- Experience of working under pressure and to a deadline.
- You should be both a great news writer and a fantastic feature writer.
- Be full of brilliant ideas, a great interviewer with a forensic eye for detail, and a beautiful writing style.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of current affairs and an ability to get behind the story to find a brilliant feature.
- Display a high level of creativity and originality.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.