The purpose of this role is to coordinate the patients, clinicians and nurses. This role is based at the reception desks in the main waiting area on the ground floor and in the surgery waiting area.
Reporting: You will report to the Clinic Manager.
42 hours a week including a 1 hour lunch break. Shifts are typically 6:30-15:00, 08:00-16:30, 9:00-17:30, 9:30-18:00 and 12:00-20:30. Morning and late shift will be dependent on the diary for that day.
- 28 days holiday
- Occupational pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Private dental care
The job requires:
- The ability to be self motivated
- The ability to manage challenges and understand the fundamentals of consumer behaviour
- The ability to set personal goals above prescribed goals
- The ability to deal with high stress environments in a pro-active manner
- The ability to differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and prioritise and complete multiple tasks
- The ability to create and keep a calm and organised waiting area
- Good time management
- The need to demonstrate flexibility, including duties, hours of work, breaks, working conditions, working with team members, protocols and procedures, updates in knowledge etc.
- An openness to change, grow, and take on greater levels of responsibility and performance.
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively, calmly and compassionately, during various points of contact with patients and colleagues alike
- You will need to be flexible and accommodating
- You will have to be knowledgeable about the clinic
- You will need to know what the clinic can offer the client in any number of special circumstances
- You will need to provide all the information that the client requires to enjoy their visit to the clinic.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in customer facing roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Clerical and administrative experience using computers and good knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
- Some post secondary education will be advantages
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excelled time management and ability to work to strict time restraints, using initiative to make prompt decisions
- Ability to deal with challenging characters and use initiative to foresee issues that may occur
DUTIES - DAILY
- Meet and greet patients and ensure all the patient's needs are met while visiting the practice
- Liaising with Surgeons, Optometrists, Nurses and Patient Care Coordinators to ensure the smooth running of the patients journey within the clinic
- Managing and coordinating multiple complex diaries of 8 Optometrists and 4 Surgeons.
- Initial point of contact and gate keeping for all patients, daily vendors, visiting clinicians and contractors
- Fast-paced multi-tasking, completing tasks quickly in line with protocols and appropriately responding to priority situations
- Dispensing eye drops - full training given to achieve Level 2 Dispensing Assistant Qualification
- Coordinate the running of surgery to include organising patients' transport home and application of eye drops after surgery
- Taking payments and processing refunds on several databases
- Gathering feedback from patients via questionnaires, testimonials and electronic methods
- Keeping clinic areas clean and tidy and of an excellent standard
- To complete all relevant administration including scanning patient information, booking appointments, preparing templates, updating patient databases and making sure legal documents are submitted correctly
- To play an active part in the maintenance of a supportive learning environment within the clinic
- Opening and closing of the premises
- Run external surgeons' clinics including liaising with their offices regarding booking appointments, payments